What does the PTA do?
Teacher Appreciation—breakfasts for faculty and staff three times during the year; luncheon in spring.
Communications to Parents, Faculty, and Staff
Fundraising—Drive for Schools and PTA sponsored annual giving fundraiser benefiting school clubs and teams.
Back to School Parent Meet and Greet—for current and incoming parents.
Campus Beautification—landscaping and campus cleanup, usually last Sunday of each month.
• College and Career Planning Workshops
• Low Cost SAT Prep Courses
• $4,000 for Freshmen books
• $6,000 for new Auditorium Sound System
• Ice Cream Social for incoming students
• Screenagers and Race to Nowhere documentaries
• Drive for Schools benefiting school clubs and teams
• Grad Night, for a safe, sober party
• Teacher and staff appreciation events
• Scholarships for Band, Prom and Grad Night
• Support for School Functions, including study fest, dances and graduations
SAT Prep Course—low-cost course offered by FuturePath Prep and held at Louden Nelson Center in October.
School Bond Measure—support for November bond measure to benefit District Schools.
New Outdoor Tables—4 outside tables installed during winter break.
College Planning Workshop--two FREE college planning workshops for students and parents.
Past PTA Projects
Classroom supplies/teacher grants
Gym sound system
Library deck chairs
Cafeteria ping pong table
Mock Trial team
Measures O and P
New athletic field
Increased coaches salaries